Sunday, February 28, 2010

Candle-lit Dinner for One


Today was all in all a good day, I still have a great sense of almost euphoria about me. I slept in, did some internetting (oh, now there's a suprise, lol) had a nice hot bath and then went out to the meet-up group. I almost didn't go, then when I got there, I almost chickened out. But I forced myself to go over and introduce myself. The group was me and 5 others, and it was SUCH a blast! We all not only played games, but just chatted and got to know one another. Everyone is so nice and friendly, all of us had been in Clarksville for less than 3 years and had relatively new 'relationship scars' to deal with. It was very refreshing to meet such a wonderful group. We are planning on meeting again next week and then every week after that, but different venues to change it up a bit.


Adter the group, I ran to walmart to get a few things...toilet paper, batteries and dinner. I was having such a wonderful day that I wondered around Walmart for a while before I remembered why I had actually went, lol. I mistakenly got my frozen dinners first and then meandered over to the card section where I teeheed and giggled out loud through a few greeting cards. Of course, my arm was numb from holding the frozen....now defrosting...entrees, so with that I went on collecting my other stuff.


I got home and made myself clean the house so I would have a few clean spaces to shoot in tomorrow. I must say, the place doesn't look half bad now :) So after that (ok, I still have to load the dish washer in the morning) I zapped my dinner. The menu was a yummy Italian specialty of the house, chicken and brocoli fetticini alfredo, cheese manicotti in marinera sauce, sangria flavored beer (hey it sounded fancy, lol) and Italian Cream cake for dessert.


After dinner, I took the dogs out for a final trot and zoomed through a few emails. Now it's hitting near 1 am, so I am gonna hit the hay and rest up for tomorrow. Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment