Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Little Kindness Goes A Long Way

A few days ago, I had a birthday. Not putting a lot of fore-thought into it, I hadn't requested off work, so naturally, it was my longest scheduled day of work that week. I mentioned that my ex had totally forgotten that it was my birthday (was supposed to have dropped my son off the night before since my birthday is considered a 'holiday' by the parenting plan). One of the girls there said if she'd known beforehand, she would have made me cupcakes. I was like, yeah, ok and kind of forgot about it. Do you know, she met me at the door the next morning, out of uniform because she didn't even work that day, and gave me a plate of cupcakes decorated by hand and everything! It made my day! Ut was so sweet of her (no pun intended) do do that!
Not to mention, a lot of people on my Facebook page had wished me Happy Birthday, as well as in my email loop I'm in. Just when you think nobody cares, all this love comes out from others. People amaze me sometimes, yk?

No comments:

Post a Comment