Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Surrender of the Cape?


For several years now, I have been taking on the roles of various superheroines and I love it. It's not only a pleasure to become such characters, but it's also been a source of income for me. I take it seriously and look forward to each and every shoot. My 'partner in crime' has been a very good friend of mine for over a decade, which for me, is a hard thing, maintaining such a good friendship for so long. I move around a lot, people come and go in and out of my life, but through the years, this friendship has survived. Not only is it a friendship, but it has also become a business partnership, me doing the acting and my friend doing the shooting as well as editing.


This time, however, we've had somewhat of a fallout. I don't know exactly why it's happened, but it has. This fallout, whatever the reason, has begun to cost me dearly professionally. Video has not been edited and clients of mine are still awaiting their customs after 2 months or more. What makes it worse is that I can't take over and do the editing myself because I lack the skills and in some cases the actual video footage. If I can't get everything resolved soon, I will be forced to refund the money to these clients and face the fact that I will lose them as clients in the future. Since my reputation relies heavily on 'word of mouth' advertising, I'm basically screwed.


Finacial issues aside, this person was my friend, I trusted them and now I'm beginning to regret it. I truly feel a bit betrayed and let down. How does one repair such a thing? Trust is a very fragile thing at times, once it's broken it is near impossible to restore to it's former strength. I'm at a loss. Will I have to cut my losses and move on without this person? Will I be forced to turn in my cape for good? This is one battle even Wonder Woman may not win.

No comments:

Post a Comment