Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Three's a Crowd


Well over a month ago, in my haste to mend my son's broken-heart because his beloved Puggles went missing, I brought home Roxie. She was being given up by her family because they were moving out of state and couldn't take her with them. She was comparable to Puggles in that she was the same age, breed and size of Puggles. Puggles is an all black pug, but Roxie is the fawn with a black mask pug. BOTH are absolutely adorable, however with Appollo, that makes 3 dogs and a lot to keep up with, so Roxie has to go. I couldn't become one of those people that I despise...the kind that gets a dog but then turns around to sell for a profit because the dog is just 'too much'. I will say that I really thought that Puggles was gone for good, I would have never taken on Roxie if I had thought Puggles would be back. So, I contacted the Humane Society and surrendered Roxie, however I will be fostering her until a suitable home is found because I don't want her to bounce around to homes until a forever home is found.

The Humane Society will take applications and screen potential families to make sure it WILL be a forever home that she goes to, which I like. I also offered to cover $50 of her vetting bill which is the top amount that I can afford, plus I would have updated her on her shots regardless. So, she'll be going to the vet for shots and spaying sometime next week, then be placed on the Humane Society's list of adoptable dogs. She really is a sweetheart and I think she'll be adopted out fairly soon. She'll make someone a wonder lapdog because she loves to cuddle, they'll just have to watch out for that pug kiss! She's got the longest tongue in the free world!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, well at least you are doing all you can to make sure she goes to a great home!

    ReplyDelete