Saturday, March 6, 2010

Daddy's Girl


This year hasn't start out that well for me in any area...I'm broke, I lost my pug, my glasses were eaten by my new pug so I've been blind for almost a month. My ex is still pushing my buttons and my love life....well let's just say that it has followed suit with everything else. When you have such a huge fall at the beginning of the party, you have little desire to stay, you'd rather just go home and go to bed so you can wake up to a new day (and hope the fellow party-goers either didn't notice your huge flub or were to drunk to remember.)


I'm becoming more and more aware that if you want something done, you have to almost always do it yourself. My sales in my acting area have been very low for the first 2 months of the year. A lot of that is due to not being able to put up new stuff. I could point the finger at my friend who does the editing, but in reality it's my fault. That's what happens when you trust a man I guess. (at least a man who's not your Dad, lol) I swear, my Dad is probably the only male I can count on 110%, everyone else, for the most part, will help you if and when they get around to it. It's frustrating but that's life.


My dad has ALWAYS been there for me, no matter what. You know he sold his motocycle just so he and my mom could buy a changing table for me when I was a baby? When I was in sixth grade and it was Parent Day at school, my dad took off work to come eat lunch with me (this was way before it was so popular for your parent to come eat lunch with you like it is today. I can't even count how many times I've eaten lunch with my son at school, just because...). I can still remember how proud I was to see him walk down the hall. He was wearing his green 3 piece suit and still had his name badge on from work. When I left for Denmark to be a foreign exchange student, he told me "If ANYONE hurts you while you're over there, you call me. I'll be on the next plane out."


My ex-husband really tore my heart apart. To this day, if he would even dare say so much as 'hi' to my dad, he'd be in for the butt-whopping of his life. I suspect that's why he's never had the balls to glance my dad's way since we seperated. My dad may be able to get a senior citizen's discount, but he could still take my ex down!


One of my favorite tv series was 'Alias' wherein Jennifer Ganer places Sydney, a spy for the CIA and Victor Garber plays Jack, her father, also a spy for the CIA. Throughout that series you see that mega bond between a daddy and his little girl, very few things are tougher, I believe that. Jack would do anything for his daughter and her well-being. I know for a fact that my own dad is the same way. Boyfriends, husbands, best friends, even other relatives....all of them may come and go and be there every once in a while, my Dad is there without question, every single time. He's the one man I know for a fact that I can count on. Just like Marilyn Monroe once sang.... "My heart belongs to my daddy" and I will always be daddy's little girl :)


**I know you read my blog, Dad, I love you :)



No comments:

Post a Comment