Thursday, March 18, 2010

Let There Be Light!! part 1

It has just been one of those weeks that refuses to END! Saturday started the ball rolling with coming home after helping with my brother's house remodel to what I thought would be a relaxing bubble bath. I'm still dog-sitting a boxer puppy who is ALL puppy and of course, Puggles is back, along with Appollo and Roxie. Coming home to mass barking is hard enough. I figure I would draw my bath and rotate the dogs all at once, so when they're done going out, I can soak myself in some suds. I use the last of my favorite bubble foaming bath.....Lavender Vanilla from Bath and Body Works and check the temp...nice and hot. So I leave it to run while I make sure everyone has their turn on the teather. Zowie, the boxer pup, went first because she is, after all, a pup. While she was bouncing around, I let Roxie out, the next in line since she's still working on her housebreaking. Well, I go in to check my water, which is doing fine, bubbles are high and water is warm, Zowie jumps up onto my bed and pees! SO much, that it goes through my thick comforter, through my 1200 thread count full sheet AND fitted sheet and onto the microfleece matteresss pad. GGGrrrrrr!! I quick whip everything off so it doesn't soak through to the matteress and throw Zowie into the crate. I switch Roxie for Puggles and let Appollo in, who tracks mud through the the dining room because of our 'lovely' weather.

I load the sheets into my washer and let Puggles in. Determined to relax and put the stress behind me, I leave the dogs to romp and play in the living room and shut my bedroom door, undress and step into my bath. It's FREEZING! Apparently with all the sheet mishaps and rotating the dogs, I didn't notice the water had gone cold. I check the water heater and to no surprise, it, too, is cold. I mutter a few choice words and hit the reset button. I'm now very behind schedule as I planning on meeting with a photographer that evening. Well, I got up super early that morning to begin with and without a decent bath (I tried, it just was TOO cold) I just couldn't do it. He still wanted to meet with me, so I crated the dogs and left. He was nice, we talked for a few hours and then I came home to, again, the massive bark-fest and rotated the dogs, allowing them to run off some energy before bed. I dip into the computer room to check some email and then while looking at Facebook, I get a whiff of poo. I charge out into the living room, splashing through a puffle of pee that I'm pretty sure wasn't there before, find some tootsie rolls in the middle of the living room floor. Because I have 3 possibilities (Appollo is VERY well house-broken so he's not a suspect) I have to do some sluething to determine the culprit. The guilty is tried and convicted, sent to their crate for the night, soon to be followed by thr rest of the household due to the fact that it's hitting on 2am.

This was the weekend we spring forward, so I've already lost an hour. Having no sheets or extra blankets, I curl up on the sofa in my robe and am joined by Appollo and Puggles, both of which have earned the right to sleep outside their crates and snuggled up with me. Even though I was warm enough, I couldn't fall asleep, so I popped in a movie.....then another one, then finally managed to fall asleep at about 5 or 6 am, just as the sun was starting to rise. As I recall, I slept off and on until about noon, got up, did some errands and really wanted to get my taxes done, however, I crashed onto my bed, which now had a pile of clean sheets but I can never get the pad and the fitted sheet on, so it was, in fact, a pile. I slept until 10 pm. Of course, after getting up and rotaing the dogs, it was now time to call Wendy's for my Monday morning schedule, so I did and almost fell over when my manager told me 11-8. Man what long day ahead of me! It was now past midnight and I had to get a good nights sleep so I would have the energy to stand and be nice and busy for 9 hours. This is turning into a novel and I've got to get to bed so I can get up for work in the morning, so I'll close it up here and just say that I mistakenly thought I could start off me week better than how my weekend turned out......I was wrong! Night All!

No comments:

Post a Comment