Sunday, May 30, 2010

Green With Envy




About a week ago, my son and I kicked off our summer with a movie, one of the several things that we wanted to be able to do this summer. He picked the new 'Shrek The Final Chapter' (or Shrek Forever After). We decided to not see the 3-D version, which worked well for me because those 3-D glasses had to be worn OVER my own glasses, which is awkward.



The movie was great, I laughed out loud through a great deal of it. It was the basic story of 'you don't know what you have until it's gone', done Shrek-style. There was a part of the movie where Shrek had basically gone back in time and things had changed. He had never met his true love, Fiona in this alternate reality. When he did, he knew who she was but she had no idea of who HW was. When he told her that he was suppose to have rescued her, she told him that (in HER reality) she waited and waited but he never came. That she found out the hard way that fairy tales are a waste of time, that she couldn't rely on anyone but herself, so she gave up and rescued herself from the tower. That part of the movie wasn't funny. It touched on some very hard points that really hit home.



For far too long, I've been waiting for my true love and for too long I've been let down. Fiona is right, fairy tales don't exist. If you want to be 'rescued' you have to do it yourself. Period.


No comments:

Post a Comment