Wednesday, April 21, 2010

How Far?


It's always struck me funny how I see a couple come into a restaraunt, get a booth and both of them will sit together on the same booth, leaving the other empty. I know they're not waiting for friends because I'm a slow eater and will usually see people come, eat and leave before I do. Why do some couples do this? Do they honestly love each other so much that they can't bear to be apart for the 30 minutes they're going to be there? Are they doing something they shouldn't be doing in public with their hands when they're off the table? I guess I've never been so head over heels in love that I HAD to be in the same booth, side by side my boyfriend. In fact, I'd feel a little claustrophobic.


Of course, then there are the old couples that come inching past me. They look as if they're in their 70's or so. I admire the fact that they're so old, yet they still have their partners. I can't help but wonder what it will be like for me when I'm that old. That's a little more than 30 years from now for me. Wull I have found a partner by then? Or will I still be eating by myself? It's times like these when I can only hope my son is willing to take in his old gray-haired mother when she's to old to drive. Or, maybe I'll kick the bucket the same say I can no longer care for myself? Kinda scary, but all I can do is wait and see I guess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment