Thursday, June 17, 2010

Do Bears Bare? Do Bees Be?


Anyone who grew up during the 80's may remember this phrase, it was probably the first time you'd remember seeing the famous Bruce Willis and with a great head of hair! He and Cybil Shepard bantered back and forth every Monday night for several years in the popular tv series 'Moonlighting'. I was a huge fan of the show and recently, a favorite of my son's. We've been watching the tv series this week and boy has it brought back memories!






From the pilot episode, I was in love with Bruce Willis. He was footloose and fancy free, funny, caring and stubborn, lol He made me laugh all the time and I've never dropped him from my 'list'. Two main memories come back to me with Moonlighting.....a guy in my theatre class and a guy in band with me. The theatre guy and I were great friends and we both loved Moonlighting. We could bicker and banter back and forth at the same time (for fun) just like David and Maddie. We'd always end simultaniously, both saying "Understand?.....GOOD!" lol




The guy from band was like David in the way that his family's 'class' and mine were way different. He came from 'the wrong side of the tracks' and even though my parents were always very accepting of others no matter what, this guy made them hold certain reservations. For the longest time, I thought he hated me. He picked on my, made fun of me and made my first year or two pure hell at that school. Then it came to pass that he actually really liked me and we ended up being really good friends.




Lots of memories come up simply by watching an old tv show. Not only is it still entertaining, but it will always have an extra specialness for me.....memories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment