Friday, June 25, 2010

28 Days

I saw an older Sandra Bullock movie last night, 28 Days. Sandra portrays a writer with an addiction to several 'poisons' but the most prominent was alcohol. She shows up to her sisters wedding drunk and ends up smashing the wedding cake and then after borrowing the limo, crashes it through the front window of a local living room. She's sentenced to 28 days of rehab, it's that or jail time. In that 28 days, she makes a complete turn around in her way of thinking (and living), overcoming some pretty rough days while she dries out. Naturally, it got me thinkng....

I'm not an addict of anything, well, at least not of anything illegal. I do have a problem with motivation though. That lack of motivation coupled with my ever-increasing age has lead to major poundage in the lower mid section. I'm now completely repulsed by my reflection and find myself scrambling to find something that covers up the buldge. I weighed myself tonight and almost fainted by what the scale said.....178 pounds! I haven't been this heavy in years! In a small defense, I will say that recently I have started eating several times a day since I have heard for years that when you rarely eat, you body goes into a starvation mode and tends to hang on to every calorie you consume. When you DO start eating normal amounts of food, you body, still believing it's got to hang onto every calorie DOES. The result? More weight and an increasing urge to eat, lol. Since I refuse to go out and buy bigger clothes to cover up the pooch and look uncomfortably stuffed into the clothes that I have now, something's GOT to change.

I'm giving myself an 28 day challenge......28 days, 28 minutes a day being very active and (hopefully) 28 pounds to shed. That will bring me down to an even 150, which for someone who's 5'10" is a good weight to reach. It also happens that '28' is my favorite number, so we shall see :)
Let the losing begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment